Have you ever had your heart ripped out of your chest?
It’s interesting how on social media the pictures don’t show the scars.
I’m cutting the BS and getting real and raw with you guys. I’m so blessed to have an amazing life however life for all of us has its ups and downs. One of my greatest challenges in life has been learning how to positively process pain and disappointment so no matter what I win!
People in life will always let us down. I’m the kind of person who loves hard, especially with my inner circle. I give all of me and hold nothing back.
I’m the first to admit that I’m not perfect! But if you have me in your corner I’m a truth-teller, I’ll encourage you to go after your dreams, raise your standards, know your worth, grow and level up in every area of your life while being your greatest cheerleader. I’ll love and back you 200%.
During my life, it’s been people who have brought the most incredible opportunities, insights, love, perspectives, adventures and fulfilment into my life and also at times the greatest pain, betrayals and disappointments.
I really hate getting hurt and being betrayed, used, deceived, let down, disrespected and disappointed especially when I’ve given so much of my heart and soul. Being burnt is never easy! Can you relate?
So here’s what I’ve learnt
1) Remember life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react. Your response is your responsibility!
2) Learn the lesson. What part did you play? How can you better yourself from this situation? What can you put in place to avoid this from repeating in the future? Own your part, learn the lesson and be smarter next time!
3) Know your worth. Forgive but don’t forget. Don’t be a door-mat. Value yourself. You’re a queen and have the power not to tolerate being mistreated and disrespected. When someone hurts and burns you it says more about them than it does about you.
4) Leave and cut toxic relationships. No one is perfect, and I try to give people chances to work through a difficult situation. But sometimes the person and situation are toxic and you need to cut it and walk away. If it’s toxic you need to leave and revoke their access to you. If someone breaks your non-negotiables and deal breakers then there is no coming back. I’m really selective with who gets my time, skills, love and energy. Having high standards is a good thing! Teach people how to treat you. Guard your heart. Boundaries are crucial. Let go! There is power in vulnerability but choose wisely who you let in. Not everyone is meant for you and that’s okay. Not everyone will serve you and you won’t serve them.
5) Be real! Own it. Process your pain well! Journal, be straight up and own how and why you’re disappointed and hurt. Don’t sweep it under the rug. If someone breaks your trust and boundaries tell them. Poor behaviour has consequences. We all have the power to make the right decisions. “The quality of your life is determined by the quality of our relationships. The quality of your business is no different.” – Harvey Mackay. Choose wisely.
6) Rebuild yourself. Double the self-care because of your healing. Give yourself the love you deserve – massage, yoga, gym, good nutrition, lots of water and sleep. Read, daily affirmations, prayer, faith, podcasts, personal development, do the inner work and meditate, Spend time with people who are your “ride and dies” and have your back.
7) Refocus yourself. Search deeper within. I always go back to my goals. My mission. Who I am. Who I want to become. My purpose. My passions. My dreams. Reflect and meditate on these! Realign to your purpose.
8) Acknowledge and accept the grief. When you let go of someone you love who has hurt you have to grieve that person and loss. Be kind to yourself.
Remember this pain will pass and God has a greater plan and purpose for your life. There are a higher purpose and a bigger picture at play. Trust the process.
9) Gratitude – every day start with gratitude and be grateful for what you do have!
10) Embrace the pain! Because baby that’s how diamonds are made, under extreme pressure and heat. Thank God and the universe for this pain because it’s making you more resilient, stronger, tenacious, passionate, on fire, living in your calling and purpose, in alignment and UNBREAKABLE!
This heartbreak was a blessing.
Your scars are there to remind you of how strong you are.
I only move forward not backwards.
Your pain is now fueling your purpose. 🔥
You are the greatest comeback story! 🌪
I never lose. I either win or learn. – Nelson Mandela
Will you choose to move forward with me?
If your hurting right now or have some past trauma or pain popping up I want you to know that you are so loved. You are worthy. You are strong. You are beautiful. You are powerful. You are intelligent. You are talented. You are a winner! Your life matters. You are not alone. You were created for something so much greater than yourself.
Drop a ❤️ below if this lands with you. Tag in a friend that needs to hear this 💎🙏